Steve Riley has coached attorneys for more than 15 years. His program focuses on a limited number of top producing attorneys committed to taking their practices to new levels of excellence, profit and personal success.
Steve’s practice management concepts and techniques have long been utilized by Atticus graduates and other legal organizations, including:
- Elder Counsel — promotes Steve as its practice management coach for elder law attorneys
- Florida Bar — relies on Steve to teach at annual workshop for solo practice/small firm attorneys
- National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys — Steve serves as faculty, shaping curriculum
- Many graduates maintain ongoing relationships with Steve and regularly participate in his coaching calls, workshops and exercises. They understand professional growth requires consistent focus, renewal and discipline.
In addition to being one of the top law firm coaches in the country, Steve is an award-winning, practicing attorney. He built his estate planning practice into a million dollar business using innovative management and marketing skills.
His law firm, The Strategic Counsel, serves high-worth families and entrepreneurs through estate planning, asset protection, elder law and business planning.
The bulk of Steve’s client base was developed through word-of-mouth referrals from highly satisfied clients and a network of legal and financial professionals who trust Steve’s legal expertise and integrity.
Steve is a prolific and thoughtful writer who has co-authored five books on estate planning, including:
- Generations — Planning for Your Legacy
- Strictly Business — Planning Strategies for Privately Owned Businesses
- Ways & Means — Maximize the Value of Your Retirement Savings
- The Team Approach to Tax, Financial & Estate Planning
- Basic Estate Planning in Florida
In addition, Steve is the practice management columnist for CCH’s quarterly magazine, the Journal of Practical Estate Planning.
He writes a bi-weekly newsletter for financial advisors on industry trends and marketing tips and monthly columns for business owners and estate planning clients on asset protection.
In 2006, Steve won the National Small Law Firm Practice Innovation Award for his creation of Double Your Revenue™ — a life-changing practice management workshop currently used by Atticus and featured in Lawyers Weekly.
Known for his powerful law firm innovations, Steve also created:
- The Family Protector Program™ — an annual updating program designed for estate planning clients who need to protect what it took a lifetime to build.
- The Lifetime Growth Program™ — an ongoing quarterly series to improve a practitioner’s “focus management” over “time management” and promote business and personal growth.
- Your Corporate Counsel Advantage™ — a turnkey practice system you can implement immediately to generate renewable income in your practice.
- MyPersonalWishes.com — an online storage and retrieval process for health care documents and information.
- The Daily Plan-It™ — a bi-weekly fax/e-mail newsletter offering estate and tax planning industry information and marketing tips to your “rainbrokers.”
Steve is a graduate of Berry College and the University Of Florida School Of Law. He and his wife, Kristen have their two children, Grace and Mark.